Thursday, August 27, 2009

Maybe,Perhaps.

The Russian Ballerina.

It was a lovely summer’s afternoon in college,it wasn’t too hot neither was it cold with a constant blowing breeze.I was walking back from class with my friends when I saw a group of girls dressed in tutus and tights.I got to know from a friend of mine that our college,which so happen was also a world renown performing arts school was having an audition for a performance produced by some fancy producer.Ballerinas and ballerinos from over the world had gathered in the past few days to get the opportunity to be in this spectacular performance. In this group of 5 young ladies ,they were all very attractive but only one manage to catch my eye.She had a head of wavy brown hair with beautiful brown eyes.As the light caught her hair the wind blew and it was just like in those movie scene where the beautiful girl is introduced.The breeze had messed her hair and she flung her hair back and as doing this her eyes met mine and how gaze locked.By now,I had been unconsciously staring at her long enough for it to become impolite.For a moment,it felt like love at first sight.

She continued walking and turned into a corridor and I knew I had to meet her. I followed after her into the corridor and entered the auditorium,the most logical place to go to seeing that auditions were being carried out.I quietly entered the auditorium and quickly scanned for her presence.

I could hear her voice,ever so sweet ,soft and joyous.She was in the foyer above overlooking the auditorium I could tell with her other friends.I quickly headed to the staircase leading to the upper ,level.As I rushed above,my heart began to pound and rage out of control.I came to a door and without thinking I pushed hard and the door slammed open. and the group of girls were sitting there near the corner on the other end of the room on the solid teak floor putting on their pointes. I stood there dumbfounded not knowing what to do or say,the girls shocked from the bang from the door slam open looked at me like one-of-a-kind and giggled.They got up and hurried pass me while exchanging hellos.

And there she stood,as beautiful as ever,in her “uniform” and barefooted.I looked at her from her feet up until my eyes met hers and a smile appeared on both our faces.It was those kind of smiles you knew were different from the rest,not the smile when you’re delighted nor the smile when you get a distinction in a exam,neither is it the smile you have when you’re happy.It was the smile,you genuinely knew was from the heart,of true meaning and emotions.




To be continued...





cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment