Friday, September 25, 2009

& they told me to never look back

Rule 1 : Stay Away and nobody gets hurt.

"i hate you",the letters appear one by one across the black screen like clockwork.I don't know what to make of this,it's 3 in the morning and i'm still rushing a business proposal thats due later for work.
"We shouldn't talk to each other anymore"
"And I mean it".All the words fit together perfectly like puzzle pieces put together for the first time.I was hoping there was no more to come,it was hurting as much as it could ever be.
"We can still text each other",more words had appeared on the screen in front of me.
What could I say?I couldn't argue with you,I wouldn't,it was already lost without a fight.
"okay." i typed out reluctantly.
"bye",the last words i would ever see.
*User is currently offline*
I wish it didn't have to come to this,but it did.I could have very well lied,but i chose not to.
"So much for thinking ahead "i thought to myself.
The very rule I had tried very hard to uphold was a lost cause.The very rule meant to protect everyone else was broken.I sat there,wondering this rule that had never really seemed to work.Perhaps I should have just stuck to the fort I had well fortified instead of lowering the bridge just a little bit.
I would have told you so much more,but my conscious told me better.You already had someone else.







Cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment